Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
Economic Development Opportunities BrochureClick the image to get to the Brochure.
Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
* GTI Presentation: Please click on the following to review the presentation given by GTI at the September 13th Council Meeting: Getting-to-Know-GTI-New-Jersey_Clayton
* The Borough would like to remind residents all trash receptacles shall be placed by the owner, tenant, lessee or occupant of the building at the curbline, or other designated area, before 4:00 a.m. on the days designated for collection; provided, however, that said placement at the curbline shall be made not more than 10 hours prior to 4:00 a.m. of the days designated for collection. Receptacles not disposable must be removed from the curbline, or other designated area, within 10 hours after refuse has been collected.
* REMAINING BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS FOR 2018: Please see the attached schedule of meetings for remaining Borough Council meeting this year: Council Meeting Schedule
* NOTICE: Due to a change in State regulations for Gloucester County please be advised that the appeal filing deadline has changed. Appeals must be filed between November 15, 2018 and January 15, 2019. You may contact the Gloucester County Board of Taxation located at 1200 N Delsea Drive, Bldg A, Clayton, NJ (856-307-6448) or visit the county website – www.gloucestercountynj.gov – Departments – “B” for Board of Taxation – Forms – A1 – Appeals. In addition, Chapter 75 post cards will be mailed on or before November 15, 2018.
* FALL SHRED EVENT: Please see the attached flyer for details on the Fall Shred Event, which will be on October 13th:DocuVault Shredding Event Flyer fall 2018
* TAI CHI CLASSES: A series of Tai Chi classes will be held on 11 consecutive Mondays at the Senior Center beginning September 24th. The classes run from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. There is no cost to participate. The Senior Center is located at 1 Garwood Boulevard. Please click on the following for complete details: Tai Chi Flyer 2018
* ZONING APPLICATION RULES: If you are planning any activity that requires a zoning permit, please make sure you comply with the following rules: Planning Zoning Application Rules
* RECYCLING NOTE: Do not place plastic bags or plastic film in your recycling bin. They are considered a contaminant when placed in our single-stream recycling carts and cause damage to the sorting equipment at recycling processing centers. These items are recyclable but only if returned to a retail store that collects the bags/film. Please call the Borough’s Recycling Coordinator, Rebecca Viola, with any questions at 856-881-3778.
* PROPERTY MAINTENANCE COMPLAINT: Please use the following form to report any properties in violation of Property Maintenance Code.
* Gloucester County 2018 Special Waste Schedule: Please click on the following for the Gloucester County Special Waste Schedule for this year: Gloucester County Hazardous Waste Schedule for 2018
* TAX PAYER BILL OF RIGHTS: Please click on the following to learn about the rights of tax payers in New Jersey:Tax Payers Bill of Rights
* ONLINE PAYMENTS: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any Clayton senior is welcome to visit and participate in the activities!
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.