* TREE LIGHTING AND PARADE: The Clayton Volunteer Fire Company’s 15th Annual Christmas Parade will be held this Saturday, December 13th beginning at 6:30 PM. The parade will wind through several developments and local streets, ending at Borough Hall for the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Please come out for this fun event and get in the holiday spirit!
SNOWMAN COMPETITION: Mayor and Council and the Clayton Special Events Committee are sponsoring an Annual Snowman Contest! There will be a kickoff to the contest on Friday, November 21st at 9:00 in front of Fulton Bank. For the official rules and details, please click on the following:
* POLICE RECRUIT and SLEO JOB OPENINGS: The Borough of Clayton is hiring for the positions of Police Recruit and two (2) Special Law Enforcement Officers II. For an application, please click on the following: Please click on the following advertisement for more details.
* HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN: Currently, we are participating with the Gloucester County Office of Emergency Management to update the Gloucester County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan. The Borough’s Preliminary Municipal Appendix is available for review that addresses natural hazard mitigation issues for our community. This document can be downloaded from http://nj4hmp.com by clicking on “Gloucester County” and then clicking on “Clayton” (which is #2 on the map). Comments can be submitted via the “Contact Us” page on the website. Please note that comments must be submitted no later than Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
The original plan was adopted several years ago, and needs to be updated to maintain eligibility for certain federal grants as well as make sure we are working together to reduce the risk from natural disasters and hazards to the extent possible.
* FALL LEAF COLLECTION: The fall leaf collection schedule is as follows:
11/10/14 – West side of Delsea Drive from Delsea Drive to Rail Road tracks
11/17/14-East side of Delsea Drive
11/24/14-West side of Delsea Drive from Delsea Drive to Silver Lake
12/1/14- Wilson Lake areas
12/8/14-West side of Delsea Dr.,
12/15/14 – East side of Delsea Drive
12/22/14-Final Pick Up all areas (weathering permitting)
* NEW RULES FOR DISPOSING MATERIALS AT THE PUBLIC WORKS FACILITY: Please note that residents must now sign in when dropping off brush, oil, or electronics at the Public Works yard on Washington Avenue. Signs are posted reminding residents to do so.
* DISCARDING TVs and ELECTRONICS: Please note residents must take discarded televisions, computers and other electronic devices to the Public Works yard on Washington Avenue. These items will not be picked up as regular trash due to NJ DEP regulations. In addition, Public Works employees will not pick up these items.
* Public Works: Public Works is asking citizens of the Borough to report all hazardous conditions whether its Roads, Signage, Walkways, and/or Tree Hazards by completing a Hazardous Condition Reporting Form. The form can be found on the right hand side of the home page, under the “Public Works” tab, and it can be emailed to Public Works by clicking the MAIL button.
* Police Non-Emergency Numbers: For Non-Emergency police matters, please use the following:
For Police Dispatch for an Officer to respond: Please call 856-881-2300.
For Police Administration (for police reports, firearm applications, etc.): Please call 856-881-2301.
For the Police Fax: Please use 856-881-5859.
*Reflective Numbers Required: As a reminder to all property owners, Chapter 44 of the Code of the Borough of Clayton requires each building and house number to be displayed on the front to assist the public and emergency responders in identifying a location. The Fire Company advises these number be reflective so that they can be clearly seen. Please ensure your home or business has reflective address numbers displayed properly for your safety.
*Online Payments: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following:
* For information on water billing, payments, and shutoff regulations, please visit the Public Works page, which has been incorporated into this website.