Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
Economic Development Opportunities BrochureClick the image to get to the Brochure.
Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
* NO PARKING DURING A SNOW EVENT! Please note that Borough Ordinance 3-01 prohibits parking on any Borough street during a snow event. No parking remains in effect after the snow has ceased, until the streets have been plowed sufficiently, and to the extent that parking will not interfere with the flow of traffic. CARS PARKED ON BOROUGH STREETS DURING A SNOW STORM WILL BE TICKETED! Please refer to the entire ordinance under the “Resources” tab.
* FREE RABIES CLINIC: The Borough will be holding its free Rabies Clinic on Saturday, January 27, 2018 (snow date is February 3rd) from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at the Public Works Department located at Bernard St. and Washington Avenue. Three year inoculations will be given. Please make sure your pet needs one before coming to the clinic. Licenses for 2018 may also be purchased: $8.20 for a spayed/neutered dog or cat; $11.20 if not spayed or neutered. After March 31, 2018, a $4.00 late fee will be added to the price of each license. Please bring proof of spayed/neutered and correct change.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any Clayton senior is welcome to visit and participate in the activities!
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.