Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
Economic Development Opportunities BrochureClick the image to get to the Brochure.
Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
* The Borough of Clayton Water & Sewer Department will begin flushing hydrants on Monday, April 23, 2018. Flushing time will be from 7:00AM to 2:00PM and will continue for approximately three weeks until all hydrants have been flushed. Residents may experience low water pressure and a slight discoloration in their water during this time. If discolored water is experienced, please let water tap run until clear. Residents are asked to check their water before doing any wash.
* TAI CHI CLASS: The Gloucester County Freeholders are sponsoring a free Tai Chi class for Clayton Seniors beginning Wednesday, March 28th from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. The class will run through May 2nd. For more details, please click on the following: Tai Chi Classes
* CLAYTON DAY: Clayton Day will be held on Saturday, June 9th. Loads of family fun for all! More details to follow!
* PET LICENSING: All cats and dogs must be licensed. Licenses are available at Borough Hall. Licenses are $12:20 for a spayed/neutered dog or cat; $15.20 if not spayed or neutered. Rabies vaccinations must be current through November 1, 2018 in order to obtain licenses.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any Clayton senior is welcome to visit and participate in the activities!
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.