• Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
  • Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
  • Economic Development Opportunities Brochure
    Click the image to get to the Brochure.
  • Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.


* NOTICE Due to a change in State regulations for Gloucester County please be advised that the appeal filing deadline has changed.  Appeals must be filed between November 15, 2018 and January 15, 2019.  You may contact the Gloucester County Board of Taxation located at 1200 N Delsea Drive, Bldg A, Clayton, NJ (856-307-6448) or visit the county website – www.gloucestercountynj.gov – Departments – “B” for Board of Taxation – Forms – A1 – Appeals.  In addition, Chapter 75 post cards will be mailed on or before November 15, 2018.
* ZONING APPLICATION RULES: If you are planning any activity that requires a zoning permit, please make sure you comply with the following rules: Planning Zoning Application Rules
* RECYCLING NOTE: Do not place plastic bags or plastic film in your recycling bin. They are considered a contaminant when placed in our single-stream recycling carts and cause damage to the sorting equipment at recycling processing centers. These items are recyclable but only if returned to a retail store that collects the bags/film. Please call the Borough’s Recycling Coordinator, Rebecca Viola, with any questions at 856-881-3778.
* PROPERTY MAINTENANCE COMPLAINT: Please use the following form to report any properties in violation of Property Maintenance Code.
* REMAINING BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS FOR 2018: Please see the attached schedule of meetings for remaining Borough Council meeting this year: Council Meeting Schedule
* Gloucester County 2018 Special Waste Schedule: Please click on the following for the Gloucester County Special Waste Schedule for this year: Gloucester County Hazardous Waste Schedule for 2018
* PET LICENSING:  All cats and dogs must be licensed. Licenses are available at Borough Hall. Licenses are $12:20 for a spayed/neutered dog or cat; $15.20 if not spayed or neutered. Rabies vaccinations must be current through November 1, 2018 in order to obtain licenses.
 * ONLINE PAYMENTS: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/
 * CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any  Clayton senior is welcome to visit and participate in the activities!
*  TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.

* E-Waste:
If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! generic app Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.

iOS  Android

* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.

Check us out on Facebook!