Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
* Scarecrow Contest: The 3rd Annual Scarecrow Contest has begun! For contest rules and an entry form, please click on the following: Scarecrow Contest 2016
* Borough of Clayton CCR Report: The Borough’s 2016 CCR for the water department is now available: 2016 CCR
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
*Gloucester County Household Special Waste Collections: Gloucester County has published its 2016 Household Special Waste Collection dates. The next date for collection at the Gloucester County Solid Waste Complex in Swedesboro is Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The next event locally at the Gloucester County Road Department in Clayton (1200 N. Delsea Drive) is October 15, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. For details, please click on the brochure: Gloucester County 2016 Special Waste Collection
* APPOINTMENTS FOR RADIO READ WATER METERS: To help the Borough realize efficiencies in the water/sewer billing and collection processes, please call Borough Hall to set up an appointment to have your water meter replaced with an automated “radio read” water meter. If you are not sure if you have a radio read meter already, please call Borough Hall and we can confirm for you. It takes approximately 1/2 hour to replace a meter.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/