Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
THE START TIME FOR THE OCTOBER 26th COUNCIL MEETING HAS BEEN MOVED TO 5:00 PM
The October 16th Planning Board Meeting has been cancelled
* FALL FESTIVAL: Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 21st from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM at Sandelier Park (behind Borough Hall). Come out and enjoy the fun!
* HALLOWEEN HOURS: Halloween hours are as follows:
OCTOBER 30, 2017 - MISCHIEF NIGHT CURFEW – 8:00 PM-5:00 AM
OCTOBER 31, 2017 – HALLOWEEN CURFEW – 8:00 PM – 5:00 AM
OCTOBER 31, 2017 – TRICK OR TREAT – 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
* HYDRANT FLUSHING: Hydrant flushing will begin the week of October 2nd and will last about 3 weeks. Flushing hours will be from 7 AM to 2 PM. Please see the attached for more details: Hydrant Flushing Fall 2017
* FALL LEAF PICKUP: Fall leaf pickup will begin on October 23rd. Pickup Schedule:
— East Side: Week of Oct. 23rd, Nov. 6th, and Nov. 20th
— West Side: Week of Oct. 30th, Nov. 13th, Nov. 27th
— Entire Town: Week of Dec. 4th and Dec. 11th (Last pickup entire town)
* CLAYTON SHRED EVENT: With support from Gloucester County, the Borough will be having a second Shred Event on November 4, 2017. Please see the attached for more details: Shred Event November 4, 2017
* DOG PARK CLOSING: Please note that on or about September 18th, the Dog and Butterfly Dog Park will be closed. Public Works will be making improvements to the park to reduce water pooling and to re-seed the grass. The work should be completed in approximately 4 weeks. Thank you for your patience.
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any senior is welcome to visit!
* RECYCLEBANK RE-LAUNCH: Discover all the new and improved ways to get rewarded in Clayton! Have you checked out Recyclebank recently? We’ve been hard at work making sure that have all the information you need to recycle more and recycle right. And here’s the best part: every time you learn about your recycling program online, you’ll be able to earn points for it too! If you haven’t logged in for a while, please visit recyclebank.com today or call (888) 727-2978. And don’t forget to download the App!
* HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION: Please see the attached flyer for the Gloucester County Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule. Hazardous Waste 2017 Brochure
* Borough of Clayton CCR Report: The Borough’s 2017 CCR for the water department is now available: 2017 CCR
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/