Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
The CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN! The new Clayton Senior Citizen Center is open for all Clayton seniors to enjoy. Mayor and Council would like to thank J.S. Hovnanian and Sons for building such a beautiful facility. They would also like to thank the following businesses and individuals for kindly and generously donating furniture, financial contributions, TVs, pots and pans, kitchen appliances, and other items needed for the Center: Joe and Joan Galante, Clayton FOP Lodge #130, Sgt. Mark Konnick and family, Orhan Akin and family, Clayton Elks Lodge #2132, Doughty’s Furniture and Mattress, Cross Keys Bar and Restaurant Supply, Nick’s Pizza, Little Jim’s Pizza, and Georgette Ortiz. The Borough is also very appreciative of the following individuals who gave time and worked hard to assemble the tables and chairs and to clean them: John and Sue Romano and their granddaughters; John and Pam Tighe; Frank Morrow; Chief CJ Langley, RJ Johnson, and Jeff Krieger of the Clayton Volunteer Fire Company. Employees Chris Mason and Naomi Money went above and beyond to get the Center ready for opening. Yhanne’s House of Cheesecake and Dunkin Donuts provided refreshments for the dedication ceremony. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!
CLAYTON DAY 2016: Clayton Day will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Clayton Day will be followed by a concert and FIREWORKS at DJ Bentz Memorial Soccer Complex beginning at 7:00. If you are interested in being a vendor, please click on the following: 2016 Clayton Day Vendor Information
COFFEE WITH A COP: Café 122 will host the next Coffee with a Cop event on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Please come out to meet the owners, the Sullivan family, and have a cup of coffee with Clayton police officers!
SENIOR CITIZEN PROM: The Clayton High School National Honor Society cordially invites all Clayton seniors to the Clayton Senior Citizen’s Prom, which will be a garden party this year. The event is Friday, June 3, 2016 from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM at the high school cafeteria. To RSVP, please call Kelly Citrone at 856-881-8701 by May 23rd.
Gloucester County Program for Small Businesses: If you are a small business owner interested in a business loan, Gloucester County has a program that may benefit you: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2016/04/need_a_small_business_loan_this_county_can_help.html#incart_river_index
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
*Gloucester County Household Special Waste Collection: Gloucester County has published its 2016 Household Special Waste Collection dates. The next date for collection at the County Road Department in Clayton (1200 N. Delsea Drive) is October 15, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. For details, please click on the brochure: Gloucester County 2016 Special Waste Collection
* Pet Licenses: Pet licenses are now past due. A $4.00 late fee will be assessed. The cost is $12.20 for a pet that is spayed or neutered, and $15.20 if not spayed or neutered. Please note each pet must have a rabies certificate valid through November 1, 2016 in order to get a license.
* APPOINTMENTS FOR RADIO READ WATER METERS: To help the Borough realize efficiencies in the water/sewer billing and collection processes, please call Borough Hall to set up an appointment to have your water meter replaced with an automated “radio read” water meter. If you are not sure if you have a radio read meter already, please call Borough Hall and we can confirm for you. It takes approximately 1/2 hour to replace a meter, and Public Works can accommodate appointments as
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/