Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
CLAYTON DAY 2016: Clayton Day will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Clayton Day will be followed by a concert and FIREWORKS at DJ Bentz Memorial Soccer Complex beginning at 7:00. If you are interested in being a vendor, please click on the following: 2016 Clayton Day Vendor Information
Gloucester County Program for Small Businesses: If you are a small business owner interested in a business loan, Gloucester County has a program that may benefit you: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2016/04/need_a_small_business_loan_this_county_can_help.html#incart_river_index
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
*Gloucester County Household Special Waste Collection: Gloucester County has published its 2016 Household Special Waste Collection dates. The dates for the collections at the County Road Department in Clayton (1200 N. Delsea Drive) are May 21, 2016 and October 15, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. For details, please click on the brochure: Gloucester County 2016 Special Waste Collection
* Pet Licenses: Pet licenses are now past due. A $4.00 late fee will be assessed. The cost is $12.20 for a pet that is spayed or neutered, and $15.20 if not spayed or neutered. Please note each pet must have a rabies certificate valid through November 1, 2016 in order to get a license.
* CLEAN UP DAY: The Environmental Commission will be supporting a Clayton Cleanup Day on May 21, 2016. Participants should plan to meet at the ACME parking lot by 9:00 AM, and will clean up the route for the Memorial Day parade. Please support the Environment Commission by helping to clean up Clayton!
* APPOINTMENTS FOR RADIO READ WATER METERS: To help the Borough realize efficiencies in the water/sewer billing and collection processes, please call Borough Hall to set up an appointment to have your water meter replaced with an automated “radio read” water meter. If you are not sure if you have a radio read meter already, please call Borough Hall and we can confirm for you. It takes approximately 1/2 hour to replace a meter, and Public Works can accommodate appointments as
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/