Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
Economic Development Opportunities BrochureClick the image to get to the Brochure.
Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
PET CENSUS: The Borough’s pet census is underway. Please make sure your dogs and cats are registered. Representatives from the Society to Protect Animals will be going door to door over the next several weeks.
CLAYTON DAY 2019 APPLICATIONS: If you would like to participate in the Clayton Day 2019 festivities, please click on the following for information and the application form. Please note you must submit a signed Hold Harmless Agreement with you application: Clayton Day 2019 Application and Hold Harmless Agreement
BOROUGH BUDGET AS INTRODUCED: The Borough’s 2019 Budget was introduced at the March 28th Council Meeting: 2019 Budget as Introduced
The Spring Hydrant Flushing schedule can be found here.
Our Spring Shred Event is right around the corner! We will also be accepting old cellphones and computer hard drives. Get all the information here.
The Spring Leaf Collection Schedule has been posted, see when we’ll be in your neighborhood!
Gloucester County’s Hazardous Waste Collection Brochure can be found here
PATH TO PROGRESS: Senate President Sweeney’s “Path to Progress” report is available for review –Path to Progress
* Storm Water and Clean Communities Resources
* CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS: Below are several common Construction Office Documents:
1. Certificate of Occupancy Form
2. Certificate of Occupancy Violation Notice Checklist
3. Landlord Registration Form
* Clayton Senior Citizen Center Event Schedule: Link
* POLICE EARLY WARNING SYSTEM: For the welfare of the Clayton Police Officers and the Borough community, the Clayton Police Department has implemented an Early Warning System Policy. To review the policy, please click on the following: Early Warning System
PET LICENSES: Dogs and cats must be licensed in the Borough of Clayton. The fee for a spayed or neutered cat/dog is $8.20. For a pet not spayed/neutered, the fee is $ 11.20. Please note that rabies vaccines must be current through November 1 of 2019. Licenses must be obtained by March 31st to avoid paying a late fee ($4.00).
* CLAYTON ANNUAL TRUST FUND REPORT: Please click on following to review the Borough of Clayton’s 2018 COAH Trust Fund Monitoring Report: 2018 COAH Monitoring Report
* TRASH RULES: The Borough would like to remind residents all trash receptacles shall be placed by the owner, tenant, lessee or occupant of the building at the curbline, or other designated area, before 4:00 a.m. on the days designated for collection; provided, however, that said placement at the curbline shall be made not more than 10 hours prior to 4:00 a.m. of the days designated for collection. Receptacles not disposable must be removed from the curbline, or other designated area, within 10 hours after refuse has been collected.
* ZONING APPLICATION RULES: If you are planning any activity that requires a zoning permit, please make sure you comply with the following rules: Planning Zoning Application Rules
* RECYCLING NOTE: Do not place plastic bags or plastic film in your recycling bin. They are considered a contaminant when placed in our single-stream recycling carts and cause damage to the sorting equipment at recycling processing centers. These items are recyclable but only if returned to a retail store that collects the bags/film. Please call the Borough’s Recycling Coordinator, Rebecca Viola, with any questions at 856-881-3778.
* PROPERTY MAINTENANCE COMPLAINT: Please use the following form to report any properties in violation of Property Maintenance Code.
* TAX PAYER BILL OF RIGHTS: Please click on the following to learn about the rights of tax payers in New Jersey:Tax Payers Bill of Rights
* ONLINE PAYMENTS: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/ NOTICE TO TITLE COMPANIES AND REALTORS: A FINAL water/sewer bill is needed when a property sells. Please request it AT LEAST 24-48 hours in advance of settlement. The Water Department must verify the amount due for you – do not use the amount identified in the system. Contact Debbie Schlosser at 856-881-2882, x123 for a final bill.
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any Clayton senior is welcome to visit and participate in the activities!
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.