Halloween Hours: The hours for Halloween are as follows:
10/30: Mischief Night curfew is 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM
10/31: Trick or Treat is 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
10/31: Curfew is 8:00 PM
11/1: Curfew is 8:00 PM
11/2: Curfew is 8:00 PM
Farmland Assessment Meeting: The Gloucester County Board of Agriculture and New Jersey Farm Bureau will be sponsoring a meeting on October 23, 2014 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m at the Gloucester County Government Service Building at 1200 N. Delsea Drive Clayton, NJ. The purpose of the meeting is to inform you of the upcoming changes to the 2015 Farmland Assessment. Seating is limited and you must register by October 17th for more information view the flyer by Clicking Here.
* POSTING FOR ACTING CHIEF OF POLICE: The Borough of Clayton is seeking an Acting Chief of Police. Please refer to the following documents for more information:
Acting Chief – Job Description.
Police Employment Application.
* HYDRANT FLUSHING: The Borough of Clayton Water & Sewer Department will begin flushing hydrants on Tuesday, October 14, 2014 and the process will last for approximately two weeks. Flushing time will be from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and will continue until all hydrants have been flushed. Residents my experience low water pressure and a slight discoloration in their water during this time. If discolored water is experienced, please let your water tap run until clear. Residents are asked to check their water before doing any wash. Thank You!
* FALL FESTIVAL: The Clayton Special Events will be hosting a Fall Festival on Saturday, October 25, 2014 at Sandelier Park behind Borough Hall. The event runs from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. There will be many activities for some great family fun! For more details, please see the flyer posted on the Special Events page.
* NEW RULES FOR DISPOSING MATERIALS AT THE PUBLIC WORKS FACILITY: Please note that residents must now sign in when dropping off brush, oil, or electronics at the Public Works yard on Washington Avenue. Signs are posted reminding residents to do so.
* DISCARDING TVs and ELECTRONICS: Please note residents must take discarded televisions, computers and other electronic devices to the Public Works yard on Washington Avenue. These items will not be picked up as regular trash due to NJ DEP regulations. In addition, Public Works employees will not pick up these items.
* Public Works: Public Works is asking citizens of the Borough to report all hazardous conditions whether its Roads, Signage, Walkways, and/or Tree Hazards by completing a Hazardous Condition Reporting Form. The form can be found on the right hand side of the home page, under the “Public Works” tab, and it can be emailed to Public Works by clicking the MAIL button.
* Police Non-Emergency Numbers: For Non-Emergency police matters, please use the following:
For Police Dispatch for an Officer to respond: Please call 856-881-2300.
For Police Administration (for police reports, firearm applications, etc.): Please call 856-881-2301.
For the Police Fax: Please use 856-881-5859.
*Reflective Numbers Required: As a reminder to all property owners, Chapter 44 of the Code of the Borough of Clayton requires each building and house number to be displayed on the front to assist the public and emergency responders in identifying a location. The Fire Company advises these number be reflective so that they can be clearly seen. Please ensure your home or business has reflective address numbers displayed properly for your safety.
*Online Payments: The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following:
* For information on water billing, payments, and shutoff regulations, please visit the Public Works page, which has been incorporated into this website.