Download The Clayton, NJ App today!!!
Welcome to the Borough of Clayton, NJ.
Economic Development Opportunities BrochureClick the image to get to the Brochure.
Our Borough is rich in history beginning shortly before the Revolutionary War. Jacob Fisler purchased a tract of land containing 2,800 acres in the area of Clayton’s Cedar Green Cemetery. He and his son Leonard jointly purchased 3,755 acres extending from the cemetery to Aura. In 1850, the locality gradually took on the name of Fislertown, and consisted of five dwellings.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Borough has decided to end its relationship with Recyclebank effective 12/31/17. If you have Recyclebank Rewards points, please ensure you redeem them by 12/31/17 or they will expire.
Note: There will be no Special Events meeting this month. The first meeting in the new year will be on January 18, 2018.
* NOTICE TO BIDDERS: Please see the attached notices for 1) Emergency Generator NOTICE TO BIDDERS – Emergency Generator & Connection for PW; 2) Zero Turn Mowers: NOTICE TO BIDDERS – Zero Turn Mowers
* SNOWMAN CONTEST: Mayor and Council and the Clayton Special Events Committee are sponsoring the 4th Annual Snowman Contest! You may use a previous snowman form, or purchase a new snowman form at Borough Hall for $12.00. Please note: you must get a light pole assigned for your snowman before placing it along Delsea Drive. For an application, please click on the following: Snowman Application 2017
* RFPs – PROFESSIONALS 2018: The Borough is currently seeking RFPs for its professionals for 2018. For more information, please click on the following: Request for Proposals 2018
* FALL LEAF PICKUP: Fall leaf pickup will begin on October 23rd. Pickup Schedule:
— East Side: Week of Oct. 23rd, Nov. 6th, and Nov. 20th
— West Side: Week of Oct. 30th, Nov. 13th, Nov. 27th
— Entire Town: Week of Dec. 4th and Dec. 11th (Last pickup entire town)
Please see the attached for more details: 2017 Fall Leaf Collection
* CLAYTON SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER IS OPEN: The Senior Center is open Tuesday (11:00 -4:00), Wednesday (11:00-4:00), and Friday (12:00-4:00). Any senior is welcome to visit!
* Gloucester County Program for Small Businesses: If you are a small business owner interested in a business loan, Gloucester County has a program that may benefit you:
* Borough of Clayton CCR Report: The Borough’s 2017 CCR for the water department is now available: 2017 CCR
* TRASH: If you have a complaint with your trash collection service, please call the provider, Gold Medal Environmental, directly at 856-784-5050. The company will resolve your issues.
* E-Waste: If you have E-Waste, (electronics, TVs, etc.), please bring them to the Public Works Yard,, near the Little League Field on Washington Avenue. Your E-waste will not be picked up by Gold Medal.
* The Borough Code Book is now available on eCode.
* Download the Clayton, NJ App today!!! Get Breaking news and updates from the Borough of Clayton. See a Directory of local shops and eateries. The Clayton, NJ app is the first of its kind in Gloucester county to be used this way. Link to the revised website, check out local business and eateries, and check for local news and updates and for town meetings. You can also pay your water and tax bills through the app. Download the free app today for iOS and Android devices.
* ONLINE PAYMENTS The Borough accepts online bill payments for tax payments and water/sewer payments. For more information, please click on the following: http://wipp.edmundsassoc.com/Wipp0801/